A housewife, who received burn injuries as her in-laws set her ablaze over dowry at Dadan village in Pirgachha upazila on February 25, succumbed to the injuries on Monday morning.
Tahmina Begum, 27, wife of Abdul Mannan of the village and mother of two girls, died on her way to Dhaka, said Dr Maruful Haque, Assistant Professor, Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit of Rangpur Medical College Hospital (RMCH).
On Feb 25, in-laws of Tahmina poured kerosene on her body and set her alight over dowry.
Neighbors rescued her and rushed her to Pirgachha Upazila Health Complex.
As her condition deteriorated, the injured was shifted to RMCH on that night.
Later, the doctors at RMCH referred her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH)
She succumbed to the injuries on the way to Dhaka on Monday morning.