PM Hasina congratulates all for successful Gulshan café operation
The government is ready to take any rigorous actions to eliminate any militant threats. The prime minister was speaking at a programme in the morning hours this Saturday after the 12-hour-long hostage crisis at the restaurant popular with foreigners ended around 8:30 am in the city’s diplomatic zone.
• “Because of the effort of the joint force, the terrorists could not flee,” PM Hasina said during the speech, vowing to fight militant attacks in the country. She also congratulated the First Para-commando Battalion of the armed forces who led the operation.
• PM Sheikh Hasina called for the people to stand against any form of militancy to protect the sovereignty of bangladesh.
• According to ATN news, she expressed her relief on the fact that it took only 10 hours to finally take down the militants.
• She said 13 hostages were rescued from the besieged café but some had been killed and some of the injured have been admitted to CMH (Combined Military Hospital).
• 7 gunmen were identified, 6 of them were killed in the crossfire. Forces were able to keep one gunman alive. “It was an extremely heinous act. What kind of Muslims are these people who kill other humans during Ramzan? They don’t have any religion, their only religion is terrorism,” Hasina said in a televised speech. At a press briefing on Saturday at 7:30 Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has announced that a two-day national mourning will be held for the victims of the Holey Artisan Bakery attack in Gulshan. She urged everyone to be united against such acts and wishes Bangladeshis to trust the government. She also urged such attackers to stop plaguing the name of Islam with their vile acts.
The valor of R.A.B, Army, Navy, Fire Service, Police, Air Force, BGB was commended by the PM and she deeply thanked them for their service. She ended the briefing with asking for everyone’s cooperation to build this country and get rid of such terrorists. She bid farewell and wished everyone well.
Written By: Maisha Mahbub