Four members of a family died from electrocution at Ramdighi village in Dharmapasha upazila on Tuesday morning.
The deceased were identified as Ranjit Sarker,45, his father Jagajit Sarker,70, wife Rita Sarker,35, and daughter Sonali Sarker,10.
Tabakar Talukder, chairman of Chamardani union, said Ranjit got electrified after a branch of a tree along with a live electric wire fell on him while he was working in his house’s courtyard at about 9:00am.
His father, wife and daughter met the same fate as they tried to rescue Ranjit. -UNB