Tasmiah Nuhiya Ahmed of DOT
 Elections of 201 out of 329 municipalities are to be held in four phases across the country. Elections for the fifth phase of 31 municipalities will be held on February 28. In the first four phases of municipal elections, the ruling party Awami League has won 80 percent of the mayoral candidates with the boat symbol. Of the remaining 20 percent, 15 percent are independents and 5 percent are elected from opposition political parties. This figure has been found in the analysis of data obtained from the Election Commission, reports Sarabangla.  According to EC sources, AL-backed candidates have won in 156 municipalities. with boat symbols out of 201 municipalities held in four phases across the country since December 28. Opposition Jatiya Party candidates, on the other hand, won only one seat with the plow symbol. Independent candidates have also won in 30 municipalities and the BNP in 10 municipalities with the paddy sheaf symbol.
However, most of the independents are rebel candidates of the Awami League. In the four phase municipality election, an average of 65.77 percent votes were cast.
 Badiul Alam Majumder, Secretary of SUJAN said, “EVMs can show what they want to show” he said.
 However, the Election Commissioner. Rafiqul Islam, “Voter turnout is increasing in the municipal elections. This is possible because of the growing interest of the people in the elections”, reports Sarabangla.