1. Self-care habits: 2020 could be the year when you actually start to take better care of yourself, starting from life’s simple pleasures: taking a walk, having a proper bath or allowing yourself to crave for certain things without having to feel guilty.
2. All things gender-neutral: From gender-neutral Barbie dolls, modern names to raising a gender-neutral baby, this is definitely one to make waves this 2020, if it hasn’t already.
3. Normalising anxiety: People, and even kids, are encouraged to speak openly about their mental health, and seek help, even if that means encouraging the use of social media such as school confession Facebook pages to speak about it.
4. Less screen time, more audiobooks: Audiobooks are said to have doubled in popularity in 2019 as compared to last year.
5. Embracing post-partum bodies: In 2020, it is all about instilling positivity, uplifting each other and seeing the beautiful even in imperfections.