Xinhuanet: A fire broke out in an old-aged Yangon General Hospital on Monday evening but no casualties were reported, said the hospital sources Tuesday. The fire was caused by an overheated electric light switch socket board in the minor operation theater in the cancer outpatient department with the initial flame spreading to the wooden beams on the ceiling and to the wires, the sources said.
The blaze, which started at 6:35 p.m. local time, was extinguished after half hour’s fight.
The fire forced evacuation of patients with disabilities, causing unrest among Yangon residents and locals living nearby.
Nayeemul Islam khan
ENA SHAKUR'S EMARAT 19/3 Bir Uttam Qazi Nuruzzaman Sarak. West Panthapath (Beside Square Hospital)Dhaka.