BDnews24: At least 30 students of Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University in Dinajpur have fallen sick after eating dinner at the Zia Hall canteen. Among those, 18 students were taken to the Dinajpur General Hospital with stomach pain and nausea. Students said they ate chicken Khichuri for dinner. Soon after, they fell sick. The students were first taken to the university’s medical centre on Wednesday. Later, 18 of them were shifted to the Dinajpur General Hospital as their conditions deteriorated. “It’s a case of food poisoning. The students are out of risk,” Dr Shital Chandra Pahan, medicine consultant of the hospital, told bdnews24.com. Tariqul Islam, owner of the canteen, was not available for comment. “I don’t know about the incident. I’ll look into it,” Prof Shafiul Alam, registrar of the university, told bdnews24.com. The students who are still in hospital are: Nazrul, 21, Sohrab, 21, Noman, 21, Kawsar, 20, Mujib, 20, Rifat, 24, Asgar, 21, Arif, 22, Abu Russell, 23, Sarwar Jahan, 23, Arif Hossain, 22, Yasin Ali, 22, Shuvo Marmu, 21, Abdur Rahman, 24, Utpal, 22, Hashem, 21, Yasir Arafat, 21, and Mehedi Hasan, 22.
Nayeemul Islam khan
ENA SHAKUR'S EMARAT 19/3 Bir Uttam Qazi Nuruzzaman Sarak. West Panthapath (Beside Square Hospital)Dhaka.