Natore priest went into hiding, not kidnapped, police say
Police say Walter William Rosario the missing priest from Natore ‘went into hiding and was not kidnapped’. The 42 year old priest has been rescued in days after reportedly going missing from Natore, reports bdnews24.On Saturday at a press conference in Natore, a day after his rescue the Police came up with the claim. Natore Superintendent of Police Biplob Bijoy Talukder said Rosario did it due to ‘depression ‘. Earlier in the day, the priest was brought to the district office of the Detective Branch.The law enforcers said on Sunday they would produce him in court.On Nov 27, the headmaster of St Louis High School went missing on his way to Jonail village from Bonparha Mission Market.The family received phone calls from professed kidnappers who demanded ransom but police brushed away the claim as false.On Friday afternoon in Sylhet the law enforcers found him at a bus terminal.Natore SP Bilpob told the press conference that Walter was not kidnapped. He said, “We are sure about this after reviewing his statement and the information we have.”The police officer said the evidence to prove their claim included a CCTV camera footage in which Walter is seen paying the toll for his motorcycle while crossing the Bangabandhu Bridge.The SP said the priest spent the night in Tangail after crossing the bridge and went to Habiganj where he spent the next night at another hotel after trenching his motorcycle by the side of a road later Habiganj police recovered the motorbike.SP Biplob also said the priest went to Sylhet the next day and called his brother Premal Rosario and police found Walter after Premal gave information about his brother. SP added, the priest also admitted to police that he “went into hiding willingly”.
The official said the police were now investigating those issues why he was ‘upset’.